If you have already paired Android Devices (with the SIM Dashboard Android App) with your gaming pc and you cannot receive data, you may want to test the connection.
Testing the Device Connection
Open the SIM Dashboard Server Application o nyour PC and select the Devices Tab. Select the Device you like to test from the List and click on Test Connection.
The Test Connection Dialog opens. Click on Test and wait for the result.
The Dialog shows OK twice?
- The Ping to the Android Device is OK. That means, the Network Device is active and responds to network packets
- The Connection to the SIM Dashboard App is OK. That means, the SIM Dashboard App is running and answers requests.
The Connection Test was successful, everything fine.
You still not receive Data from the Game?
- Your Game is not configured proplery, have a look on this help pages for the corresponding instructions: Game Configuration
- You are using multiple devices and you have tested a working device. Test the device that does not work instead
The Dialog shows Failed twice?
The Ping to the Android Device has failed and the Connection to the SIM Dashboard App has failed:
- That could mean that your Network Device has received a new Ip Address. Pair the Device with the PC again
- Or your PC is not connected to the Network
- Or your Android Device is connected to a Guest WiFi
- Or the Firewall of your Router blocks the communication between the PC and the Android Device
- Or your PC Firewall blocks the Connection. If you are using the Windows Firewall, you can find Information for the Windows Firewall Configuration here
Testresult Ping Ok, Connection failed
The Dialog shows that the Ping is OK, but the Connection failed?
The Ping is OK:
- A Network device with this Address has answered the Ping Request
- This Device could be another device on the Network
- Maybe the Ip Adresses of the devices have been swapped. Check the Ip Adress of your Android Device and Pair the Device with the PC again
The Connection to the SIM Dashboard App has failed:
- Make sure, that the App is running on the Android Device
- Make sure that the App is updated
- Check if the Firewall of your Router blocks the communication between the PC and the Android Device
- Check if your PC Firewall blocks the Connection. If you are using the Windows Firewall, you can find Information for the Windows Firewall Configuration here