American Truck Simulator
The telemetry of American Truck Simulator is enabled with a ATS Mod, which needs to be copied to the plugins directory of the game. The SIM Dashboard Server application should already be installed.
The application supports you with an automatic configuration feature which can enable telemetry of American Truck Simulator easily. More on that in the following tutorial.
The ATS Mod / Plugin which reads out the game data for the App is written in C++.
It needs the C++ Redistributable Packages 2013 installed on your PC to run.
Open the following link to download and install the x86 and(!) x64 Version from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=40784
This screenshot shows the Interface of the SIM Dashboard Server application. Click on the tab Games to get the shown view. Make sure that the entry American Truck Simulator is selected in the list.
- The red X shows that American Truck Simulator is currently not configured
- This button sets the American Truck Simulator configuration, so that it provides data for the SIM Dashboard Server application (American Truck Simulator must be closed when using this button).
This part of the tutorial is dedicated to the automatic configuration, which should always be tried first, because its much easier than the manual configuration.
Perform automatic configuration
Make sure that American Truck Simulator is currently not running but was started at least once!
Click on the button Modify game config for telemetry.
The application updates the configuration of American Truck Simulator afterwards.
Automatic configuration finished
If everything worked as expected, a confirmation message (1) appears, the list shows the correct configuration (2) (with a green checkmark) and the button for the automatic configuration (3) on the right side is hidden.
You can now start American Truck Simulator and receive data in the SIM Dashboard Android App. Remember, that the SIM Dashboard Server application must be running while your are playing the game!
This part of the tutorial is optional and should only be performed if the automatic configuration failed for some reason.
Open Plugins folder
Open the installation path of the SIM Dashboard Server application, Default is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMDashboardServer
Open the subfolder Plugins and afterwards the subfolder ETS_ATS.
Find the plugins
You will find two folders in this directory: x86 and x64. Both contain a file called tsSIMDashboardPlugin.dll.
The subfolder v1 contains a previous version of the Plugin and should not be used anymore
Copy the plugins
Now copy the file tsSIMDashboardPlugin.dll from the x86 folder in the subfolder bin\win_x86\plugins\ of your ETS2 / ATS game directory.
Copy the file tsSIMDashboardPlugin.dll from the x64 folder in the subfolder bin\win_x64\plugins\ of your ETS2 / ATS game directory.
The game directory on a default Steam installation can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\
Start the game
You can now start the game.
Please note, that on game startup a message regarding the SKD usage appears. You must confirm the message to allow reading the game data. If this message does not appear, you need to install the C++ Redistributable Packages 2013 x86 and(!) x64. Also check the two files again and finally try to start the game again.
Make sure that you can answer every of the following Checklist entries with yes. Click on the entries to get more detailed instructions for some of the steps:
- Have you installed the PC Application on your PC?
- Have you successfully paired the Android Device with the PC Application?
- Have you installed the Plugin/Mod for ATS as described on this help page?
- Have you installed the C++ Redistributable Packages 2013 x86 and(!) x64 on your PC? the x64 can only be skipped if your PC does not run Windows 64bit
- Do you see the Advanced SDK Features Dialog (Screenshot above) on Startup of the Game? If not, install the Plugin/Mod from Step 3 and install the C++ Redistributable Packages from Step 4
- Does the PC Application say the Game is running on the Mainscreen (needs Version 184.108.40.206 of the Application)?
- Is the Checkmark on the Games Tab of the PC Application green? If not click the Auto Config or Update Button
- Does the Android App say the Game is running? If not, go to step 2
- Are the widgets in the App moving? If not, check step 3 and 4
Still questions? Write me an email to: info(at)stryder-it.de