Forza Motorsport 7
The UDP telemetry of Forza Motorsport 7 is enabled within the HUD and Gameplay Settings of the game.
PC Gamers have two Options
Option 1: The game sends the data to the SIM Dashboard PC Application
- the PC Application sends the data to the SIM Dashboard App(s) and further applications (if required)
- This approach is described on this page
- An additional step is required, because Forza Motorsport 7 is a Windows Store Game, which runs in a Sandbox, which disables communication with your own PC by default
Option 2: The game sends the data directly to the SIM Dashboard App
- This is the same approach that is also used by console players
- To use this approach follow the help page for Forza Motorsport 7 on consoles.
- Also activate the Xbox Platform in the App Settings -> General Tab -> Select your Gaming Platforms, to show the console dialogs in the app
- Open the Games Tab of the SIM Dashboard PC Application
- Select the game Forza Motorsport 7 from the list
- Click on Click here to unlock the Sandbox (Step 1)
If the Sandbox is already unlocked, the info text in the PC Application shows Step 1 (Sandbox unlocked): OK. Proceed with Step 2.
Step 2: Open the game options
Now open the Game Options, either from the Mainscreen of the game: Progress Tab -> Options -> HUD or from the Pause Menu: Options -> HUD
Set the options
- DATA OUT: ON
- DATA OUT-IP-ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1 (this is the localhost, the PC itself)
- DATA OUT-IP-PORT: the Port that has been specified in the SIM Dashboard PC Application (the default is 4843)
- Output Format for Datapacket: Dashboard
Use the keys F (PC) or X (XBOX) to adjust the values
You are now ready to play the game!
Make sure that you have checked all steps from the following Checklist. Click on the entries to get more detailed instructions for some of the steps: