Grand Prix 4
The telemetry of Grand Prix 4 is enabled within the GPxPatch Tool outside of the game. The SIM Dashboard Server application should already be installed.
The application supports you with an automatic configuration feature which can enable telemetry of Grand Prix 4 easily. More on that in the following tutorial.
Overview and first steps
This screenshot shows the Interface of the SIM Dashboard Server application. Click on the tab Games to get the shown view. Make sure that the entry Grand Prix 4 is selected in the list.
- The gray questionmark shows that the Grand Prix 4 configuration status is currently unknown
- Use this setting to tell the Application where the Game is installed, so it can check and update the configuration for you
- Select the speed unit that is selected in the game (otherwise the speed data shown in the app does not match)
- Once you updated the settings (2) and (3) click this button to save your settings
- After step (4), this button sets the Grand Prix 4 configuration, so that it provides data for the SIM Dashboard Server application (Grand Prix 4 must be closed when using this button).
This part of the tutorial is dedicated to the automatic configuration, which should always be tried first, because its much easier than the manual configuration. Make sure to configure the settings as described in Overview and first steps, then continue here.
Perform automatic configuration
Make sure that Grand Prix 4 is currently not running.
Click on the button Modify game config for telemetry.
The application updates the configuration of Grand Prix 4 afterwards.
Automatic configuration finished
If everything worked as expected, a confirmation message (1) appears, the list shows the correct configuration (2) (with a green checkmark) and the button for the automatic configuration (3) on the right side is hidden, you can still update your configuration if your game path has changed or the speed unit needs to be updated.
You can now start Grand Prix 4 (Make sure to always start the game from the GPxPatch Tool, otherwise data cannot(!) be read, refer to the end of the page for more info). Remember, that the SIM Dashboard Server application must be running while your are playing the game!
This part of the tutorial is optional and should only be performed if the automatic configuration failed for some reason.
Make sure to configure the settings as described in Overview and first steps, then continue here.
Open the GPxPatch Tool and update the configuration
Make sure that Grand Prix 4 is currently not running!
Open the GPxPatch Tool (If you haven't downloaded it yet, search on Google for GPxPatch and install it)
Open the tab GPxCInfo and tick the Export checkbox
Start the game correctly
Keep in mind that you always need to start the game with GPxPatch for the data readout to work.
Click the Start GPx button to start the game.