WiFi IP changed
The WiFi IP Address is the Address that identifies your Android Device on your local Wireless Network. Usually your WiFi Router runs a so-called DHCP Server. The DHCP Server is responsible for assigning Addresses to each new Device that connects to the WiFi.
Each Address has an expiration date, whose default setting is different from Router to Router. If the Address expires, your Router can assign a new Address to your Device.
This is the Moment where you sit before your Screen and say: I don't receive data anymore, it was still working fine yesterday!!
The App can detect that Situation and show a message (this is where you came from, if you opened this Help Page from within the App). What the App cannot do, is fixing that situation automatically.
Steps to resolve it, if you are playing on Playstation/Xbox
- Open the Help Page of your Game and update the Game Configuration with the new Ip Address
Steps to resolve it, if you are playing on PC
- The situation is usally resolved automatically
- If it's not resolved automatically: Pair your App again with the PC.
If you are a PC User, but you are not(!) using the SIM Dashboard PC Application
Open the Help Page of your Game and update the Game Configuration with the new Ip Address
I don't want to reconfigure each time the Ip Address changesSure, that makes sense. You just have to update your Router Configuration and tell the Router to always assign the same Ip Address to your Android Device and you are done.
The steps are different from Manufacturer to Manufacturer
Links for help pages of popular Router Manufacturers
- Fritz Box, always assign the same IP address
- TP Link Address Reservation
- Netgear Address Reservation
- Asus Manual Ip Assignment
- Linksys DHCP Reservation (Step 4)
- Ubiquiti Static Ip Reservation
- Other Manufacturer? Search for your Device Model and the term DHCP Reservation or sometimes static DHCP on your favorite Search Engine or refer to the manual of your device.